Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing calendar between iPad 3 and iPhone 4 and iCloud

I have an ipad 3 and iPhone 4. I sync my calendars to both devices. Latest version of iOS on both devices. New calendar entries made on my iPhone can't be read on my iPad but iPad entries can be read on my iPhone. I have stumped 2 geniuses at the Apple store and spent over an hour on the phone with 2 gentlemen from Apple support last night. My system was working very well until I had to replace my iPad after the screen was broken. My devices all need to play nice with one another. If they can't then there is no point to having Apple products. I'm extremely frustrated.

I keep multiple calendars, all generated through iCloud to help organize my activities. They are all shared with my husband and he shares calendars with me.

It's not a wifi issue because I have been on 3 different wifis and have had the same problem. Both devices are set up exactly the same in regards to calendar. I've turned both devices off and on and had no change.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, iPhone 4 involved as well.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 5:59 AM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2013 6:07 AM in response to ajtip1

I suspect that the problem exists precisely for the reason that you are not using icloud, but used gmail sync.

But if I am wrong than you need to check two places on iphone and ipad.

First on is in Settings - Mail contact and calendars - go down to calendars and make sure they both have icloud calendar as default with the same name.

Second you need to open calendars and click calendars in the left top corner.

Make sure that only icloud calendars are checked.

Then verify if it works, and if does not come back with information if your iphone has gmail account.

Apr 7, 2013 1:22 PM in response to fromsouth

Tried that all already. I don't even have a gmail account. Already went through Settings on both devices 2 Geniuses ago and checked this. Refreshed devices numerous times as well as turned them off and on as well as turning my laptop off and on.

I went through 2 Geniuses at the Apple Store who sent me to phone support. I spoke with one phone support tech for about 45 minutes without solving my problem, he then sent me to his supervisor who is now stumped. He suggested I go back to the store. I have emailed screen shots. There is some quirk that nobody is seeing.

Apr 7, 2013 2:04 PM in response to ajtip1

There is only one quirk in case like that. PEBCAK. You are giving them incorrect information. We can safely assume you don't do it on purpose, but you are doing that nevertheless. Now you started giving it to me. Good luck. Or check everything again.

Same place-good network? - same account? - events go to www.icloud.com from iphon? ipad?

computer? And so on. I do not care what is incorrect - you do. I personally prefer if you check yourself by yourself.

Instructions here

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar - Apple - Support

Syncing calendar between iPad 3 and iPhone 4 and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.