Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone Facebook Push notification won't save when click

Can't receive Facebook notifications since push notifications won’t save in the Facebook app. Every time I click one it just refreshes and it reads in the yellow top bar “Changes Saved” but it unclicks the notifications I selected, any suggestions on how to fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 7:49 PM

25 replies

Apr 7, 2013 8:38 PM in response to techsalot

Settings->notifications -> Facebook ->notification center -> on

Settings -> privacy ->Facebook -> on

Setting -> Facebook -> Facebook ->on

Setting -> Facebook -> settings -> vibrate and play sound on

I have all of that On. Same thing still won't get notifications.

Apr 7, 2013 9:03 PM in response to techsalot

I tried the web, push notifications are not available there.

I have turn off my wifi and restarted my phone, still same thing.

And I am talking on Facebook, but I won't get push notifications when my friends reply or like a photo. It's not until I open the Facebook app that I notice I have gotten messages.

Jul 26, 2016 4:40 PM in response to Community User

I have been having this problem for over a year now. I've tried every solution in the book from the forums and google and nothing has worked, ever. Not restoring, not a new phone, not removing apps, not reactiving my account, not changing any network settings, not rebooting or anything at all. I gave up long ago. Those check boxes will likely never see the day of light again for me, and you. 😟

Jul 26, 2016 4:40 PM in response to pdroth

I've tried that too. I also had my friend log in with his account on my phone and the check boxes worked fine for his account, so it is definitely a facebook account related issue.

Apr 16, 2013 5:35 AM in response to Community User

Ah true, using someone else account works fine in my phone. Never thought of that. So it's a Facebook account issue. Hmm I wonder what I can change to fix it.

Jul 26, 2016 4:40 PM in response to Community User

I really hope there is a solution. There's a number out there, but they only work for 1% of the users with the problem. It is just really annoying because sometimes I miss important notifications for various things, and I hate being a freak always refressing the app to check for updates but that's the best I can do right now.

Jul 26, 2016 4:40 PM in response to Krissypoo28

I turned that on. Do all of your check boxes work? When I try to select one, it just refreshes the screen and is unchecked again. It seems like some weird glitch.

Aug 31, 2013 12:45 PM in response to Community User

Same thing, Facebook won't let me save any new settings and all boxes are still uncheck. If I use Facebook messenger, which is another app from Facebook, I do get push notifications for messages. However I don't get push notifications from anything that is on the Facebook app.

iphone Facebook Push notification won't save when click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.