Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto backup to iCloud not working on my iPhone or iPad

I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3rd generation. Because I will be traveling in the next few months, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and start backing up my devices to iCloud, to make it easier to restore, should something happen while I'm on the road. Doing this entailed me needing to purchase the upgraded storage ($40 per year for me), which I did. Was able to successfully backup both devices initially, after a bit of trial and error, which included deleting each devices previous iCloud backups and starting from scratch. Now they are both safely up in the cloud. 🙂

I am able to manually do a backup, however I thought they were supposed to automatically backup each time they were plugged in, on my network, and locked? Neither is doing so and I am at a loss as to what is going on. I don't want to have to remember every day to hit that backup button on both devices. I was under the assumption that it would be automatic from here on out. Am I missing something?

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 7:23 AM

My ipad backs up every time I charge it overnight. There a few things that can prevent that, but before we do look at those, try to do the same - charge overnight and see if it works. Has to be over 24 hours from the last back up.

5 replies

Auto backup to iCloud not working on my iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.