Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a US and canadian App store. How do you switch from one to the other?

How do you switch from US to Canadian Apple App store?

What's the difference?

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 9:34 AM

7 replies

Apr 9, 2013 11:50 AM in response to Douglas McLaughlin

You can switch by the aforementioned flag ... but it won't do you any good unless you have the facilities to use the chosen country. And that means a bank backed credit card from that country and a residential (billing) address to go with it.

It's all about the developer's right to control where his product is sold. Not unreasonable in my view.

May 1, 2013 9:53 PM in response to rfdgrs

If a country has an iTunes/Mac App Store, it is only for those who actually reside in that country. Hence the United States store for Statesonians and the Canada store for Canadians. To shop in a country's store you need either iTunes Gift Cards from that country that you redeem in your account for credit or a bank card from a bank in that country with a local billing address. The thing to remember about the US store is that, unlike Canada and most of the world, the US does not have a countrywide Value Added Tax (VAT), so the prices in the US store do not reflect the local sales taxes which are applied in the final steps of the sale from the US store.

May 2, 2013 6:29 AM in response to jackhard

Yes, I am well aware of that. I have an account in Mexico and I have an account in the US.

But you still have to qualify for the account. You can't expet to use a bank card from a US bank in the store for another country. You must have a bank card from a bank in that country. Or at least be able to get iTunes Gift Cards for that country.

There is a US and canadian App store. How do you switch from one to the other?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.