Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using an iPhone 4s and this afternoon all of the contacts that i can typically send an iMessage to went "green" on me. I have tried all of the tips and tricks that I can think of and have found online with no luck.

I am using an iPhone 4s and this afternoon all of the contacts that i can typically send an iMessage to went "green" on me. I have tried all of the tips and tricks that I can think of and have found online with no luck. I have tried:

1.Resetting my phone with iMessage both on and off

2.Logging in and out of my apple id in iMessage send/recieve

3. Deleting email addresses associated with iMessage (and turning them back on)

4. Resetting my phone

Right now it appears that everything is activated my phone number is checked as a means for sending and recieving messages

however my messages are still "green". Even when i search for my known iPhone users in my contact list i don't see the usual "blue bubble" that indicates an iPhone user.

Any tips?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 3:50 PM

Apple's currently having trouble with the iMessage and FaceTime servers. Nothing can be done from your end.

(80498)

2 replies

Apr 10, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Volleygirl13

HI,

It may pay to bookmark this page.

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

User uploaded file
8:40 PM Wednesday; April 10, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

I am using an iPhone 4s and this afternoon all of the contacts that i can typically send an iMessage to went "green" on me. I have tried all of the tips and tricks that I can think of and have found online with no luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.