Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an air-printer but it's not on the iPad compatible list

This printer works with all my other devices, including other apple products.

Is there a work around so I can print from my iPad anyway? Having to open my laptop just to print is a pain.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 7:10 AM

4 replies

Apr 10, 2013 7:33 AM in response to tryingcake

If its not in the list here, then its probably not Air Print compatible. It may be a Wireless Printer, but is very likely not Air Print compatible.

You may still be able to print though. Look for an App form the printer manufacturer, usually they'll make Apps available to aid in Printing to non Air Print compatible Printers. HP, Canon, Epson etc... have such Apps.

You can also look for an Application that runs on your PC and shares the Printer out using Air Print. Such as Printopia for the Mac.

Apr 10, 2013 9:52 PM in response to Phil0124

No, it absoultely IS an air print printer. I bought it as such to go with my other devices (one of which is not isn't wifi ready but prints just fine) quite awhile ago and it has always worked fine. But when I looked at the list that is compatible with the iPad, it wasn't listed. It makes no sense to me. My iPad will not find it at all. I will try the other options you mentioned. Thank you.

Apr 11, 2013 8:16 AM in response to tryingcake

AirPrint is a special system proprietary to Apple and unique to iOS devices. That system requires special drivers to be included in the printer by the manufacturer who licenses the technology from Apple. Just because your other devices can print to your printer does not mean that it is AirPrint compatible. As Phil said, being able to print via WiFi does not mean that a printer is AirPrint-ready. Only a relatively small percentage of all wireless printers have AirPrint drivers included.

Tell us the make and model of printer and we can tell you whether it does indeed support AirPrint, and if not what the workarounds are so that you can print to it.

Regards.

I have an air-printer but it's not on the iPad compatible list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.