Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app: How to change default location?

iPhone5

The default weather location on my iPhone 5 is Maple Lake, which is NOT where I am located.

But when I hit the information button "i" Maple Lake is NOT listed, so I cannot delete it.

How do I get rid of this unwanted location in my weather app?

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 4:47 PM

Hi - I had this problem, too. I solved it by going into Settings> Privacy>Location Services and then I disabled location services for the weather app. I then manually added the zip code for where I actually lived and use that only. Hope that helps.

10 replies

Apr 11, 2013 9:15 AM in response to Bad Dog Harry

Open the weather application at the bottom right you will see ℹ Press this. On this screen you will see red circle next to your Maple Lake press this and this should delete this.

Now on the top left hand side you will see the + simbol Press this and NOW type the pleace that you would like to get the weather information on. Next press Done which is on the top right hand side

That's it it should show the information that relevent to your desire!

Apr 11, 2013 10:31 AM in response to Bad Dog Harry

When you open the Weather app, if you look at the bottom of the screen in the center, is there a small arrowhead when looking that the weather location? If so, the weather app is picking this up as your location, it is not necessarily on the list of locations you want the weather to display. Is Maple Lake located close to where you are located? If so, it may be that this is how Yahoo lists the weather. The weather data comes from Yahoo. If Maple Lake is no where near where you are located, then double click the home button to bring up the multi-tasking bar. Find the Weather icon and press and hold it until it wiggles and a red minus sign displays on the icon. Tap that to completely close the Weather app. Tap the home button again to close the multi-tasking bar. Tap on the Weather icon again on the home page and see how it locates your weather.

Dec 4, 2016 9:01 AM in response to Bad Dog Harry

To change your default weather location:

1. Open weather app

2. Add your location

3. Once you've added your location, press the little list icon that looks like this:

. ___

. ___

. ___

4. That will bring up the list of weather locationsUser uploaded file

5. Hold your finger on the location you want to appear on your phone and move it to the top of the list. My location is Mountain Park, GA.

6. Then go back to your home screen and swipe to see if your change was made.

I had the same problem, and my location was set to New York. I don't live in New York. I finally figured it out.

Weather app: How to change default location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.