Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes app suddenly crashing - iphone 5 ios 6.1.3

iphone 5 ios 6.1.3 all of a sudden the notes app started crashing and i no longer can open it....

what could have happened?

do I need to reset my iphone?

thanks!

m

iMac

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 3:19 PM

26 replies

Apr 12, 2013 4:44 AM in response to marsworld

i haven't done this yet cause I know have a doubt...

It seems that a note was corrupted as first it duplicted then when deleted one the other one became plain empty..

what if one corrupted note make the app crash?

I mean if I make the restore and backup and the corrupted note is still there I' m afraid the problem won't be solved won't it?

Is there a way to explore my notes outside of the iPhone as the app notes no longer works...

Thanks a lot!

Apr 20, 2013 1:35 AM in response to jack slade 1

Woah …. After reading so many posts here and there on the same topic, -some dating back to 2008- someone eventually found a fix a hack !!

To make it perfectly clear for the rest of us :

1 : Make the search menu of Notes appear

2 : Type the most common letter in your language (like A)

3 : All the notes containing this letter will then display … YES !! THEY WERE NOT LOST AFTER ALL !! THEY WERE JUST NOT MANAGED BY THE APP ANYMORE ….

4 : Open the note which is significant for you

5 : Bring some change, like adding a white space here or there

6 : The note is saved and thus reappears on top of your list !!

We are sure it will be a great relief for all those fearing to have lost their precious notes (I had 200 myself) to be able to recover them and be able to move them on the cloud or another app for further security….

Such a crash also happened to me with Thunderbird and Outlook in the same way it happened with Notes… I had like 2000 mails and after some time it must have exceeded the database capacity and some duplicates started to appear that where a chore to remove, until the said program crashed…

Likewise with Notes …

What puzzles me, is that since 5 years the problem was first reported, Apple didn't come with a fix of its own, like increasing the capacities of Notes or offering the possibility to download a new/clean version of the App if the old one is corrupted….

N.B : Still the problem is not 100% fixed for me since Notes always crashes at some point, when I scroll down the list of notes, although the moment it crashes is further and further down the list, the more I reopen & resave all the notes ....

notes app suddenly crashing - iphone 5 ios 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.