Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone says battery is 100% when plugged in but when try to unplugged it switch off and says low battery??

Almost one month ago my iphone have had a battle with liquid wax of a candle. The display became like purple but the phone was working with no troubles just the colour a bit annoying. Few days ago has swittched off while was 100% charged and now I can use it only with the charger. Is the battery gone or something else ??

Many thanks

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 9:15 AM

6 replies

Jan 26, 2017 11:32 PM in response to Peps85

my iPhone when i removing it from the charger plugged even the battery 100%,

And i should keep it in charger to not plugged by it self.

IF the iPhone company thy will not replace my battery and fix my mobile i will never ever buy iPhone any more or recommend any body to buy it.

i think the apple company died when Steven Paul Jobs died.

Apr 12, 2013 9:42 AM in response to Peps85

If the wax caused the display to look funky then it might had also caused some other components to fail. Could be the battery, the charging circuit or something else.

Check to see if there is any wax in the port where you connect your charger. If some gunk is in there try to clean it out and charge the unit. Once the battery is totally dead it may take some time for the phone to respond.

You might also consider making an appointment at an Apple Store to have the phone examined and possible replaced. It you have Apple Care Plus on your phone a replacement is $49 otherwise the put of warranty cost for replacement is much higher.

My Iphone says battery is 100% when plugged in but when try to unplugged it switch off and says low battery??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.