Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable download of Photo Stream to iPhone

Folks,

Just noticed that the last Phto SAtream shown in Aperture is now being downloaded to my iPhone. What is the setting and where to disbale this?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 6:50 AM

10 replies

Apr 13, 2013 10:46 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank,

Thanks for this advice. Unfortunately that doesn't work either. What is strange is that only the last Photo Stream listed in Aperture is downloaded to the iPhone. Right now it is March 2013. If I "move" in Aperture say April 2013 to be the last one, then april 2031 will be downloaded but no others. Very weird.

Apple you drive me nuts some times 😕

Apr 13, 2013 10:59 AM in response to Stan52

What is strange is that only the last Photo Stream listed in Aperture is downloaded to the iPhone.

What do you mean exactly by "last Photo Stream"? There is only one Photo Stream: "My Photo Stream", and eis you ceated them, some Shared Photo Streams".

Are you referring to the monthly projects "Feb 2013 Photo Stream", created by the automatic download?

The Photo Stream usually only contains the last 1000 photos that have been uploaded, and images older than a month may be deleted. So it is not surprising, that only last month's project will be downloaded to your iPhone.

Apr 13, 2013 2:15 PM in response to Stan52

Yes I am referring to the monthly Photo Stream.

o.k. there is a misunderstanding. Your screenshot is not showing a list of Photo Streams, it is showing the projects created by automatic download from the Photo Stream. Aperture will create a new project each month, for easier retrieval of the images by date.

Your iPhone will only see the images that are currently in the Photo Stream, when you enable the stream on the iPhone. Photos older than a month may no longer be in the Photo Stream. Apple promises only to keep the images there, if they have have been added to the stream no longer than a month ago, and no more than the last 1000 photos.

To see what is currently in the Photo Stream on your Mac look at the Photo Stream in the "Web" section of the Library Inspector panel.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2013 2:18 PM in response to Stan52

You're question is somewhat confusing.

You seem to be asking about images imported into Aperture uploaded to your photo stream, which you can stop by turning off Automatic Upload, but the screen shot shows the projects Aperture creates when it automatically imports images from the ptoto stream, which can be turned off by turning off Automatic Import.

regards

Disable download of Photo Stream to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.