Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using iPad 3 and I try to use 30-pin Digital AV adaptor for mirroring on my Samsung HD TV. Unfortunately it is not a full screen projection. Anyone can help?

I am using iPad 3 and I try to use 30-pin Digital AV adaptor for mirroring on my Samsung HD TV. Unfortunately it is not a full screen projection. Anyone can help?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 9:23 AM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2013 9:51 AM in response to Diavonex

The iPad Screen is almost square, HD TVs are rectangular so will never be full screen. When watching movies, the movies native aspect ratio will be used rather than the iPads screen aspect ratio so will look full screen if the movie is full screen, but most likely will be seen in wide screen letter box format. with black bars across the top and bottom as that what most movies from iTunes are in, format wise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.