Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the iPhone 4 (model A1332) work overseas?

I currently live in Swaziland, Africa. I'll be coming back to the States for 3 months from May to August and I was looking to buy an iPhone on eBay that I could use on a prepaid plan in the States and on the MTN network when we get back to Swaziland. Will the iPhone 4 (model A1332i work overseas and on a prepaid plan in the States? Thanks in advance for any advice and info.

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 11:06 AM

The A1332 is locked to AT&T. They will not unlock it unless you are a customer in good standing on a contract. AT&T does not offer prepaid plans for the iPhone. If you want the experience to be trouble-free buy a NEW unlocked iPhone directly from Apple. Used iPhones are never a good buy, because you don't know their history and don't find out if they've been hacked or otherwise abused until it is too late.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 11:06 AM in response to Rugby09000

The A1332 is locked to AT&T. They will not unlock it unless you are a customer in good standing on a contract. AT&T does not offer prepaid plans for the iPhone. If you want the experience to be trouble-free buy a NEW unlocked iPhone directly from Apple. Used iPhones are never a good buy, because you don't know their history and don't find out if they've been hacked or otherwise abused until it is too late.

Will the iPhone 4 (model A1332) work overseas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.