Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iMessage come through as my email address?

When I text another iPhone on their iMessage it will only come through with my email instead of my name how do I stop it doing that?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Go into Settings => Messages => Send and Receive

You should see your phone number and a list of emails, or at least one email.

Tap the blue arrow on the email address you want to remove from messages. Tap Remove This Email button on the next page.

If you use both an iPhone and an iPad with the same ID you won't get messages on the iPad in sync with those on your iPhone. Because the iPad doesn't have a phone number using the email address allows iMessage to sync messages between your devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 1:08 PM in response to Jenpollard

Go into Settings => Messages => Send and Receive

You should see your phone number and a list of emails, or at least one email.

Tap the blue arrow on the email address you want to remove from messages. Tap Remove This Email button on the next page.

If you use both an iPhone and an iPad with the same ID you won't get messages on the iPad in sync with those on your iPhone. Because the iPad doesn't have a phone number using the email address allows iMessage to sync messages between your devices.

Why does my iMessage come through as my email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.