Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Msg 2114 error when i try to text this one person with my iPhone 4S???

I seem to have an issue when i try to text this one person.....

They do NOT recieve my texts.....but i can recieve theirs.

I get a message after i send them a text from 923-0 that says i used the invalid number of digits.....MSG 2114

Tried deleting the contact , resending just using the number hand typed in...and still does not work!

HELP!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 9:53 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2013 10:33 AM in response to becky171

That's a generic error code & generally means the number you're trying to SMS is not using ten digits, even though you're certain you've entered the number properly. Try deleting the contact(again), and any messages you've tried to send to that contact, then go into Settings>Messages and turn MMS off. Now, turn your phone off, wait about a minute or so, turn it back on, go back into settings & turn MMS back on. Re-enter the contact & make sure you use only ten digits. Try now.

Apr 25, 2013 11:49 PM in response to wjosten

Finally Worked! Remove all instances of the contact name and number used in previous messages, phone calls, recents, etc. Shut down sms, mms, imessage, etc in settings. Restart phone. Go back to settings and restart sms, mms, imessage. Send a text without creating the contact first, just enter the 10 digit cell number and send text. Worked for my iphone 4s texting to 1 person's android I couldn't send before. That 1 person was a previous contact that had only 7 digits entered for the phone number. Now I added that contact back to the list and sending text still works. Contact phone number now shows up as +1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx . Thanks wjosten.

Apr 27, 2014 10:25 AM in response to becky171

KiltedTim you are well off base as it pertains nothing to the carrier. The problem lies with the number being cached somewhere in the phone ie an old text message or recent call. it is a software glitch that is quite annoying at best. Once the number has been cleared from recent use text the number with the full 10 digits before you add it as a contact. problem solved.

Dec 15, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Bbruton

I use Sprint and had this issue sending to an ATT account.

1. Deleted the contact.

2. Deleted all recent messages from this person.

3. Went to Settings, turned off MMS messaging.

4. Rebooted the phone.

5. Sent a text message to this person, which was successful.

6. Re-enabled MMS which is my preference.

7. Added the contact back and sent another message which was also successful.

Msg 2114 error when i try to text this one person with my iPhone 4S???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.