Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 stuck in Apple logo screen

I have an iPhone 4, that I had to replace the LCD, power switch - proximity sensor cable, and home button on.

After I had made the repairs (after making sure everything was reassembled correctly) I then proceeded to turn the device on.

Now it will only display the Apple logo at startup.

When I turn the phone off (via the Home + Sleep/wake method) it will sometimes revert back to the Apple logo screen.

I have reset the phone (gone through recovery mode) at least 5 times to correct the issue, yet it still is not working correctly.

The only software change that had been made to it, was that I had updated it to the most recent version of iOS. And that was approx. 2 weeks before the issues with the phone.

Is there another solution to fixing this phone, or is it basically done? 😟

(If I can, I really need to get this phone fixed (if at all possible).

Thank-you.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 2:20 PM

Not sure where to start on this one. It reboots automatically when powered OFF. Could be faulty charging port, clean this very well with Isopropyl Alcohol. Also could be new Power Button Flex, dissconnect this Flex connector from the Logic Board, then turn iPhone ON with power to the charging port. Restore issues can also be due to faulty battery. You will really have to check all the Flex connectors, connecting basically one at a time to see if something is faulty including the digitizer flex. Good luck.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2013 2:20 PM in response to JimR46184

Not sure where to start on this one. It reboots automatically when powered OFF. Could be faulty charging port, clean this very well with Isopropyl Alcohol. Also could be new Power Button Flex, dissconnect this Flex connector from the Logic Board, then turn iPhone ON with power to the charging port. Restore issues can also be due to faulty battery. You will really have to check all the Flex connectors, connecting basically one at a time to see if something is faulty including the digitizer flex. Good luck.

Apr 25, 2013 1:37 AM in response to brad805

Thank-you for the reply.

I have checked the charging port. It checked out to be good.

I then checked the following flex connectors:

Digitizer - it checked out ok

LCD - While it did check out ok. I wonder if it might have a defect in it. (because it does flicker)..

Earpiece - checked out ok.

Front Camera - checked out ok.

Power switch / proximity sensor cable.- Bad...

During my testing of the phone, any time I would turn the power on to the phone. If I unplugged the connector for the power switch. The iOS would continue to load, but if I left it plugged in. Then it would stay on the Apple logo.

I will reply to this thread after I receive the replacement part, and I have had a chance to check it out (to make sure that takes care of the problem.🙂

Apr 25, 2013 2:38 AM in response to JimR46184

Apple does not support self engineerring on their products , Non user serviceable

In tampering with the iPhone you would have waived warranty (if relevant ) and any support from Apple

with that device.Apple does not sell spare parts so who knows what you have fitted .

This is an Apple hosted forum

you probably now have a brick ..................

try Google

Jul 16, 2014 2:10 AM in response to JimR46184

Hi Jim,

I experienced the same behaviour after replacing the battery. Reading this post, the most plausible was for me to look for something physical. After leaving the back cover open, the boot suddenly continued and the battery started charging properly. Although the grounding clip was apparently not essential for starting up, I noticed that replacing the cover, the system rebooted and got stuck again on the apple boot logo.

Now looking closer to the battery back, I noticed that the flat cable must have been scuffing against the back cover as a small trace of copper appeared. I sealed this with a tiny slip of tape, folded the flat cable as correctly as possible to fit its location and reassembled the rest.

Works fine now. So in short, I presume in my case, I must have had some sort of short circuit.

iPhone 4 stuck in Apple logo screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.