Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new IPad Mini tells me that I need Itunes 10.7 when connected to my Apple computer. When I try to up grade, I'm told that there is no newer version than what I have. IPad mini says I have system version 6.1.3. The ITunes version on the Mini is unknown.

My new IPad Mini tells me that I need Itunes 10.7 when connected to my Apple computer. When I try to up grade, I'm told that there is no newer version than what I have. IPad mini says I have system version 6.1.3. The ITunes version on the Mini is unknown.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 9:19 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2013 9:22 PM in response to truck4life

The problem is that your Mac software is quite old. You must have a version of OS X on your Mac earlier than 10.6.8 (current is 10.8.3), so your particular version of OS X cannot support any later version of iTunes. (The current iTunes version is 11.0.2). In particular, your iTunes on your computer cannot deal with your iPad which has software that is much more current than your OS X operating system (and Mac iTunes).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.