Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my iPhone 4S, bought iPhone 4, activated it but not its not transferring old content

Lost my iPhone 4S, bought iPhone 4, activated it but not its not restoring my old pics, music, apps or messages, any suggestions? I do have contacts though.

Last time I lost a iphone and activated new one, everything transferred, PLEASE help :-)

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 12:16 PM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2013 12:21 PM in response to ronnaj1

Did you select to transfer the backup for your iPhone 4S to the iPhone 4 with iTunes on your computer, or wirelessly direct on the iPhone 4 with your iCloud account?

Photos that were transferred from your computer to the 4S via the iTunes sync process are not included with the backup. You will need to connect the 4 to iTunes on your computer to transfer any photos from your computer.

The photos/videos in the Camera Roll are included with the backup and the same for messages, but will take some time to download. The same for 3rd party apps.

Apr 26, 2013 12:27 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I had a little bit of problem activating. Said something like "wanna activate using iCloud" I said yes, but it wouldn't allow me. So I set up as new phone. Got service and contacts, but nothing else. Should I erase again and try to do the iCloud activation option again? Sorry if my terminology is atrocious! And thanks for any help or suggestions.

Ronna

Apr 26, 2013 12:32 PM in response to ronnaj1

When setting an iPhone up as a new iPhone, you aren't transferring a backup to the iPhone.

All iTunes content that was on your 4S should be in your iTunes library on your computer - music, tones, audio and print books, moves, tv shows, and 3rd party apps. You can transfer your chosen iTunes content in your iTunes library on your computer to the iPhone 4 via the iTunes sync process - make your selections under the various tabs for the iPhone 4 sync preferences with iTunes.

If the backup for your iPhone 4S was stored on your computer's hard drive which was updated as the first step during the iTunes sync process and you want to transfer the backup for the 4S to the 4, restore the iPhone 4 with iTunes and this time when prompted, select the backup for the iPhone 4S to be transferred to the 4 instead of selecting to set up the iPhone 4 as a new iPhone.

Lost my iPhone 4S, bought iPhone 4, activated it but not its not transferring old content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.