Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 not turning on, not going to restore mode.

I have an iPhone 4 which is not turning on, and none of the usual tips provided on forums are working. First let me state that I have never jailbroken my iPhone, it has never gotten wet, dropped, opened up etc. Even all the accessories - wall charger, battery, earbuds etc - are original Apple ones.

It was connected to a wall charger when I saw that it was displaying the 'Connect to iTunes' message. As soon as I disconnected the wall charger, it switched off (or at least stopped displaying anything). So I connected it to iTunes. It did not get recognized at all. However, after 10 seconds or so, Apple logo came on, stayed for 5-6 seconds and then went away. This Apple logo coming on and going off repeatedly is the only response I get when phone is connected to iTunes. When phone is not connected to iTunes and wall charger, it is completely dead, no display at all, whatever I try. If I connect it to a wall charger, I get the 'Connect to iTunes' message.

I tried all the usual stuff:

- iTunes version is latest, all required services are up and running. Device is iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1

- I have an iPad 2, iPhone 3GS and an iPod Nano. I am able to connect all to iTunes on my computer and sync without any problems.

- Usual tips such as pressing Home+Sleep button together etc have no effect at all if iPhone is not connected to iTunes. If it is connected to iTunes, then Apple logo coming on and off pattern is repeated, whatever I try to do.

- Device does not go into recovery mode as well. I must have tried hundreds of times.

- If I connect to wall charger, after some time I get the message 'Connect to iTunes' which obviously goes off as soon as I disconnect the wall charger (to connect to iTunes).

- I have tried to fully discharge the iPhone, kept it unused for over 2 months. Obviously, there is no way I can confirm that it is fully discharged as no such display comes on anymore on the phone.

- Tried it on a friend's laptop and iMac. No luck. same behaviour is repeated.

- Host file is fine, no apple related stuff is there.

- On a suggestion I even changed my battery. No change in behaviour.

I contacted Apple Support but they are refusing to even look at it. They say that you purchased it in US, so we will not even look at it here (I am no longer in USA).

I am at my wits end. No idea what to do. It is an expensive device - a new iPhone retails at $900 here - so I cannot just go out an buy one. It is a very strange experience for me that a device famed for its reliability will just stop working.

I hope somebody out there has experienced this and found a cure. Please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 11:00 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4 not turning on, not going to restore mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.