Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who have found solutions to iphone battery draining issues after upgrading iphone to iOS 6.1.2 and 6.1.3?

I have iphone 4S that is UNLOCKED. I noticed after upgrading to iOS 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 the battery is draining quickly.

- I searched thru the Apple forum and internet and followed troubleshooting steps to dissable any settings and applications that might increased the battery usage. Still after all the troubleshooting, my iphone has battery drain issues.

- I called Apple and talked to customer support. The guy did his best effort to solve the problem but the solutions that he provided me I have already done it. I sent him a system report of my iPhone and he told me that the iphone is operating fine. I asked him if there is a way that I can downgrade the iOS 5 and he told me that it is not possible.

1. Who has the same problem and found a solution? Please provide the solution?

2. Has someone been able to downgrade to iOS 5? Please provide steps?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 2:25 PM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2013 5:36 PM in response to cc10

The same troubleshooting and solutions that apply after every iOS update apply here.

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new). Try each of these in order until the issue is resolved.

There are no battery drain issues in iOS 6.1.2 or 6.1.3, the issue is specific to the device (possibly hardware) or settings/apps on the device causing the battery drain.

May 1, 2013 8:22 AM in response to diesel vdub

Thank you for the input. I just downloaded again iOS 6.1.3 and reinstalled. Let's see how the battery behaves.

I have gone thru the seetings to dissable any apps and settings that might drain the battery. In searching solutions, it seems that I am not alone. There are other people having problems with the battery drain after the upgrade of the iOS which is my case. It is my opinion that there is an underline issue with the iOS that Apple is not aknowledging and they will update it quitely in the next update.

May 1, 2013 10:22 AM in response to cc10

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just be aware that after every iOS update there is a group of users that report faster than normal battery drain.

The vast majority of battery issues are resolved by basic troubleshooting.

Most iOS users never experience battery issues or any other issues for that matter after iOS updates.

There is no battery issue to fix or any reason to believe that a fix for these mysterious battery issues will appear in the next iOS update.

Who have found solutions to iphone battery draining issues after upgrading iphone to iOS 6.1.2 and 6.1.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.