Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photo Streams Not Updating?

About a week ago I realized my shared photo streams were not updating. I am not recieving any new photos that my friends are posting, and when I upload new photos they don't go to any of my friends' devices. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 2, 2013 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2017 4:28 PM

select the Photos Agent and tell it to Quit or Force Quit (depending on how "stuck" it is). Relaunching the Photos application after this will restart the agent and your photos should start loading shortly after that.

6 replies

Jun 18, 2013 8:41 AM in response to Sarah Montagne

I have had the same problem - Shared Photo Streams (evidently) do not update dynamically. There is also no button to force an update in the photo app either.

On your iDevice by going into Settings > Photos & Camera and switching off "Shared Photo Streams". Go into your Photo app and check that they have been removed.

Now go back into the same Settings sub-menu and re-enable "Shared Photo Streams". Back in the Photo app, you will see the shared stream update with the correct photos.

I have the exact same problem with any shared photo streams I create on my iPhone - they do not appear on my iPad unless I do the above. The same goes for iPhoto/Aperture on my Mac.

Shared Photo Streams Not Updating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.