Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 no longer charging in the car!

My wife and I are no longer able to use the car charger to charge our iPhones 4. We have the same charger we have always used, and have also purchased other ones, and nothing. Why? what can be done? We have tried cleaning the hardware, and rebooting the phone.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 2, 2013 3:55 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2013 8:40 PM in response to Rapha el123

He is correct. Look in the car manual an defined the fuse chart. Find out which fuse is used for the cigarette lighter. Take that fuse out and bring it into a store like lowes or Home Depot. Ask them if they have a fuse like that. Then put the new fuse back in your car.

What kind of car do you have? If you tell me, I can post a link on how to replace the fuse for that exact car.

Hope this helps!

Iphone 4 no longer charging in the car!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.