Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost my iphone 4S and it is shut off...what do I do?

I lost my iphone when it was shut off, I think I know where it might be, but I called the place and they said they couldnt find it. I tryed find my iphone but apparently that doesnt work... I dont know what my next step should be.

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 2, 2013 7:22 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2013 2:06 AM in response to molliemoo101

The only way to locate/disable/erase any lost/stolen iPhone is through Find My Phone or a similar app. However, this requires that Find My Phone be setup/activated, on your phone, before it was lost/stolen. You would then login at iCloud.com & try to locate it. This requires the phone be turned on & have an Internet connection. There is no other way to locate a lost/stolen iPhone. Apple can't/won't help you, nor will your carrier. Report the loss to the Police, your carrier & Insurance company. Change all of your passwords.

If your carrier offers Blacklisting & they Blacklist the phone, it will be unusable as a phone.

If locked with a passcode, all a thief or whoever finds it has to do is force the phone into recovery mode & restore it. While this deletes all data on the phone, it also removes the passcode so the phone can then be used as a phone or touch.

I have lost my iphone 4S and it is shut off...what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.