Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad Mini has been crashing, (kernel related)??

My IPad Mini has been crashing since the first of May, today it's crashed 5-9 times alone, I can't get technical support, and since 4:00 it's done it 3-4 times alone.... What do I do? Its said panic,plist on all of them, what does that mean, did I get a bug from something?

I've even reset it to factory setting. Nothing is working my dad will talk to an IT guy at work, I called apple support today, the girl was really nice, even talked to the supervisor because I don't have a credit card!! (He/she wouldn't let me have a freebie -_-) , when I put the back-up back on there, it crashed 15-20 minutes ago, I plugged it up, and reset it again..... Will I have to set it up as a new iPad? My phone has the same apple I.d. And a few of the same apps, my mom said it was probably an app or two doing it, I think it's a website, I have pics in my photo stream to describe my problem if needed..... I just want to get on my iPad again, after all, I just got it on November 13... Please help!!

Thanks,

Tanner

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2013 7:47 PM

You said that you reset it to factory settings in one sentence and then you asked if you have to set it up as new iPad now. If you reset to factory settings, then you did set it up as new.

If you restored from the backup after you reset to factory settings, restore as new again but do not restore from the backup. Start over again. You can sync or download your apps again but you will not be able to save your app data and settings. If you reset to factory settings and then restored from the backup, the backup might be corrupt and that could be what is causing this.

Another alternative would be to take the iPad to an Apple Store Genius Bar. There is no charge for that. Make an appointment first. Perhaps a genius can resolve the issue for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2013 7:47 PM in response to The iPad Mini Fanatic

You said that you reset it to factory settings in one sentence and then you asked if you have to set it up as new iPad now. If you reset to factory settings, then you did set it up as new.

If you restored from the backup after you reset to factory settings, restore as new again but do not restore from the backup. Start over again. You can sync or download your apps again but you will not be able to save your app data and settings. If you reset to factory settings and then restored from the backup, the backup might be corrupt and that could be what is causing this.

Another alternative would be to take the iPad to an Apple Store Genius Bar. There is no charge for that. Make an appointment first. Perhaps a genius can resolve the issue for you.

May 4, 2013 8:07 AM in response to Demo

I was turning it off last night, (still in factory setting) and it crashed on me again. i plugged t up and turned it off. this morning when i hooked it up to the computer, it froze on the apple logo, i rebooted it and its on factory setting still. I read that I should restore it on the computer. I'm about to do that as soon as the 6.1.3 update downloads for my phone. I am going to set it up as a new iPad without backup... And sync it to the computer. I also don't live close to an apple store :(. What do I do if the restoring process doesn't work? What will I do then?

May 4, 2013 4:35 PM in response to Demo

the restoring process helped it. It didnt want to do it at first an error in the software came up. I did it a second time, and it worked just fine. Im going to download a few apps only and stick to those, ill miss my others but id have to restart them anyway...... Thanks for your help. Ill be sure to ask you next time i have a problem!!

My IPad Mini has been crashing, (kernel related)??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.