Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my current location In the weather app?

How do i change the location on my phone to to say my right town when I go into the weather app. It says the town next to mine but I want it to say my town. How do I change that? Also on my iPod it says the right location but on my phone it doesn't. I am talking about where the little arrow is on the bottom middle of the screen.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 4, 2013 9:16 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2013 1:32 PM in response to rlh264

Hi rlh264,

The weather application is capable of displaying the conditions in your current location, as well as custom cities that you set.

It sounds like you are having issues with the location services accurately finding your city. To troubleshoot, we may need to refer to this resource:

iOS 6: Understanding Location Services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5467

Improving GPS accuracy

GPS accuracy varies depending on the number of visible GPS satellites. Locating all visible satellites can take several minutes, with accuracy gradually increasing over time. Use these tips to improve GPS accuracy:

Ensure the date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.

• Important: Incorrect settings on your computer can sync to your device. Verify the date, time, and time zone on any computer that syncs with your device.

Restart your device.

Verify that you have a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. This allows the Assisted GPS (A-GPS) on the device to locate visible GPS satellites faster, in addition to providing initial location information using the Wi-Fi or cellular networks.

Maintain a clear view of the horizon in several directions. Keep in mind that walls, vehicle roofs, tall buildings, mountains, and other obstructions can block line of sight to GPS satellites. When this occurs, your device will automatically use Wi-Fi or cellular networks to determine your position, until the GPS satellites are visible again.

Thanks,

Matt M.

How do I change my current location In the weather app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.