Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad "Sound Effects" control disappeared iPad 2 ios 6.1.3

Hi, I have lost sound of my ipad 2 and also the sound control. Sound control is disappeared from task bask. Button on side are also not working. The ipad is orginal no jailbreak etc. I have tried resetting is totaly using "Erase All Content and Settings" but no difference. Looked on internet for solution but no luck. See the images for settings etc.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 4, 2013 9:29 PM

41 replies

May 4, 2013 9:47 PM in response to Diavonex

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already tried restore using itunes but it did not work. Also tried hold sleep and home button, it restarted it but no luck as well.

The reset and restore does not restore the ios version. I think its issue with ios but i can't find a way to restore to older versions. Thanks for your time.

May 5, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Diavonex

What i did was used "Erase All Content and Settings" from setting. After this ipad asked me to setup asking language, location, network etc. Than it asked me "Set Up as New iPad", i selected it and pressed next. (see image at bottom of this post). After all this the situation was same see both images.

See image User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 27, 2013 8:29 AM in response to ASwalwell

The issue is driving me crazy. The ipad is just peice of junk without sound. No moderator is here to help this is such a fake community.

If you are in USA can you please contact apple on phone and see if they can suggest a solution? For no us apple just keep routing and routing very pthatic experience.

thanks

Jun 1, 2013 6:45 PM in response to djtashy4624

I fixed it woohoo.

I restored my iPad from a previous back up I had waited till it was done then removed all my apps to be synced removed everything else aswell tones, music, videos, books and photos then re-synced my iPad then once it was finished I pressed the eject button for my iPad on iTunes and I have my volume back.

I really hope this works for everyone else as I spent nearly 15 hours trying everything to sort this.

iPad "Sound Effects" control disappeared iPad 2 ios 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.