Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iPhone 5 charger keep breaking?

I've bought 9 iPhone 5 chargers since christmas. Its been ******* me off already. I am buying my 10th one today, why does my iPhone 5 charger keep breaking?

iPhone 5

Posted on May 5, 2013 9:15 AM

6 replies

May 7, 2013 12:52 PM in response to fiddlefiddledoo

Cheap cables from China will quickly fail if you pull them out via the cable. You MUST pull them out of the phone or USB port via the plug, and via the plug ONLY.

My kids broke 2 cables before we figured this out. A well-made cable has a very strong, braided "strength" nylon fiber inside, so that tugging on the cable pulls the nylon fiber, NOT the electrical contacts, which are very prone to breaking when they take all the stress of the pull. Cheap cables from China have no strength fiber inside! And, the new lightning cable requires a high degree of fierce force to remove it from the iPhone.

May 17, 2013 5:15 PM in response to fiddlefiddledoo

i hate that..i learned with the macbook pro & the macbook air, all of the chargers are really fragile. If you bend them, overtime it will become brittle and just break. (i had an iPhone charger turn green on me...along with 3 other broken iPhone 5 chargers!!) I had to replace my old macbook pro's charger as well because it broke after a year and it was really expensive to buy a replacement! 😠

you can buy replacement chargers here: http://www.luxe-case.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lightning

I got the light pink one and it hasn't broken on me, nor is does it even look like it'll break. hope this helps & good luck to you! 🙂

why does my iPhone 5 charger keep breaking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.