Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 charger short

I have an iPhone 5 and the charger has been working fine until today... i was using my charger regularly and leaving it plugged into the wall. It was working fine and then all of a sudden the charger stopped working I have to hold the cord certain ways for it to work. If it is not held a certain way the charger will stop working and it is really aggravating because I have to constantly watch my phone while its on charge. Please I need a solution!! By the way it's not the first time this has I've had another charger do the same thing

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on May 5, 2013 7:30 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2013 2:31 PM in response to HollowVentus

You can do a warranty service through Apple's website, at least if you're in the USA. I just did this a few days ago with the Lightning-USB cable, the new one arrived within just a couple days and I sent back the old in the same envelope. They put a hold on your CC for the replacement cost but that's removed when your old cable gets back.

Start here:

https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action

Select "Battery, Power, and Charging" and then "Power adapter not working as expected". Eventually you get to the choice of "Send in for service" and just follow the instructions.

iPhone 5 charger short

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.