Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2, 2011 A1395 Model , iOS 6.1.3 - App Store will not work

I updated my 2011 iPad 2 to 6.1.3, and now my App Store will not function. I can see the purchased stuff, I can see that there are no updates required, and Genius works, but I cannot search anything, or see any featured or top chart content. What can I do?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, 2011 A1395 model

Posted on May 7, 2013 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 9:00 AM

The first step when an app doesn't work properly or as expected is to competely close the app. Rebooting the iPad afterward is a good idea as well.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2013 9:00 AM in response to 4MrsM

The first step when an app doesn't work properly or as expected is to competely close the app. Rebooting the iPad afterward is a good idea as well.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

May 7, 2013 9:24 AM in response to 4MrsM

Please don't apologize for anything. Its troubling when the iPad isn't working as expected. I've been there.

I just checked the App Store on the Apple System Status website is is listed OK in the U.S. I checked on my iPad it is working for me as well.

if you have an app in the purchased tab that is not on your iPad try downloading it and see what happens. Tap on the Not on this iPad button at the top so you can check.

Are you getting a specific error message?

May 7, 2013 9:46 AM in response to 4MrsM

After the apps download, try tapping on all of the tabs at the bottom of the App Store screen again. Just tap on one button and then another. Wait about 10 seconds or so in between taps to see if anything appears on the screen. And ... Look and see if the whirling circle appears in the upper left corner when you tap on a tab to at least indicate that the screen is trying to load.

May 7, 2013 11:10 AM in response to 4MrsM

OK. Try turning WiFi off and on in the settings. Settings>WiFi>Off. Reboot the iPad again, then turn WiFi on again.

I'm just throwing out anything that I can think of that will make the App Store load. The next thing would be to reboot your router, unplug it for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again.

The fact that the whirling circle appears is a small sign of hope to me.

May 7, 2013 11:58 AM in response to 4MrsM

Turning the wi-fi off - rebooting - then turning it back on did not help, but definitely worth trying. Actually Tex after paying attention the screen is white (blank) on the featured and top charts tabs. The others bring up the displayed content. This only occured after my upgrade to 6.1.3. Thanks so much for the advice guys!

May 7, 2013 12:13 PM in response to 4MrsM

I'm really reaching now, but try this. This shouldn't work, and I'll state that up front. Your iPad is seeing the App Store, just not the entire thing. Its easy to do this and it won't hurt anything, but I don't think it will help.

Sign out of your account, restart the iPad and then sign in again.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Sign in and then try again.

Did you reboot the router?

iPad 2, 2011 A1395 Model , iOS 6.1.3 - App Store will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.