Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS update removes the current settings in 'Cellular Data Network'

When I updates the IOS of my iPhone, I have to enter the 'Cellular Data Network' again, because they are overwritten by my previous (original) telephone provider.

The iPhone has been bought at T-Mobile in the Netherlands. I have moved to Germany and using this iPhone now with a German provider.

The iPhone sim-free.

Every time I update the IOS of this iPhone is updated, the Cellular Data is overwritten by the original T-Mobile settings.

How can I change this very annoying behaviour/setting?

Thx

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4, HaFr Germany

Posted on May 8, 2013 9:17 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2013 4:08 AM in response to hjmf1954

Additional information:

In order to solve this problem the website unlockit.co.** is often used/named. Unfortunately this website offers an option to changes the current APN settings, which can also be altered manualy (Settings->General->Cellular-> Cellular Data Network, and fill the correct values for APN, Username, Password).

The fact here is that I have to enter this APN-data every time when an IOS update is performed. So any issue that solves the 'no Cellular Data Network' only solves these APN-UID-PWD settings in Cellular Data Network setting, but not the factory-setting made to the iPhone by the original iPhone Provider Network.

<Link Edited By Host>

IOS update removes the current settings in 'Cellular Data Network'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.