Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which web browser for ibook G4 10.4.11? & flash upgrade

Hi,

I have an iBook G4 that is humming along nicely.

However, in the past few weeks Safari is not working so hot, saying it's out of date, won't load certain pages, and telling me I need to upgrade my operating system, which I am not going to be doing. Looks like the basic operating system requirements for Firefox and Google Chrome are 10.6. Any browser suggestions?

I also have not been able to play/load any Flash- I need to update this as well (and the updates won't work) and am wondering if there are any fixes out there?

Thank you!

Squeezing mileage out of my Mac,

LW

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 10, 2013 5:29 PM

3 replies

May 10, 2013 6:19 PM in response to Wennstrom

I have been working on the issue:

I found an older post and uninstalled and reinstalled the version of Flash I can run, but it doesn't seem to be helping yet. At least not YouTube, which is perhaps a hopeless cause.

I also installed Camino... both Camino (won't open any pages) and Safari are telling me that they can't find the trusted authentication/ certificate to any website I try to visit. Using my wireless connection at home as per usual, not sure what that is about.

Which web browser for ibook G4 10.4.11? & flash upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.