Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Designed for IPad also means for IPad mini?

Hi,

Looking to get a tablet, and considering the IPad mini. But I notice that it has different screen dimensions than regular IPad/Retina. When I browse some of the apps I want to use, they all say "Designed for IPad". Does that include the IPad mini?

Thanks.

iPad

Posted on May 11, 2013 9:54 AM

4 replies

May 11, 2013 10:24 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks, but just to be 100% sure here, does "they will work" equal "designed for"? What I mean is, I don't want to find black screen edges etc on 50% of the apps just because I got the mini and not the regular IPad. I imagine that would be one of the differences between "they will work" and "designed for"...or am I completely off here?

I know this might be obvious to most ppl, but this is going to be a gift and I want to get the best...:)

May 11, 2013 10:33 AM in response to SkovgydenAgain

Yes, my phrasing of 'they will work' is the same as 'designed for'. An app that is described as 'designed for the iPad' should make full use of the iPad's screen - whether that is an iPad Mini or a full sized iPad (the iPad Mini has the same number of pixels as the first two iPad models). You shouldn't get any black edges on the apps on an iPad Mini (if you do then you'd get the same on the full-sized iPad).

Designed for IPad also means for IPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.