Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 ios 6.1.4 battery life??

After updating to ios 6.1.4 the battery life has dropped dramatically. And when I get to 100% charge and Out the iPhone 5 battery from the charger, the phone immediately marks 99%.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 13, 2013 6:33 AM

6 replies

May 23, 2013 10:36 AM in response to kobragas

Same here. I cannot get through a half day on the battery now. I keep a external battery in my lieft pocket and a cable going to my iphone in the right pocket. I pretty much leave it connected to the battery all day.

Apple says we cannot roll back the iOS.

I've been struggling with Apple on the bugs in iTunes and Apple TV and have had it. I am no longer an Apple fan and am going to switch to the Samsung S4.

May 31, 2013 1:53 AM in response to kobragas

Hello.

My iPhone 5 is working properly since the update: no change.

BUT:

I also have a Iphone 4S, the battery is like dead: incredible. The configuration is only phone network (even not 3G), no wifi, no bluetooth, no localisation, nothing really and you can almost see the gauge draining to zero!!

The phone has become quite unusable.

Same as Cole: I was a fan long before the iPhone invention, and now I seriously wonder...

Jun 2, 2013 10:33 AM in response to kobragas

Since the upgrad to 6.1.4, my Iphone5 has nearly gone dead. The battery drains up within 1 hour, and phone heats up so much, I feel my skin buning in the pocket.

I turned off mobile data over the weekend, and the battery was back to normal. It is working fine on the wifi. The problem is same whether LTE is on or not.

Also some apps don't open when I am not on the wifi/3G coverage.

Please fix this.

Jun 14, 2013 2:06 PM in response to kobragas

Like many posting here, I've been seeing the dreaded battery drain since 6.1.3 upgrade. I've tried all of the recommended solutions and none seemed to help. I stumbled across this a few days ago pointing the finger at the Facebook app. Since I've stopped using the app (or at least making sure it's never left running in the background), my battery life is back to where I expect it. Hope it helps some of you, this has been very frustrating for the last few months!

http://blog.hagga.net/archives/iphone-ipod-touch/3805-facebook-app-is-draining-y our-iphones-battery

Iphone 5 ios 6.1.4 battery life??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.