Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing photo stream to PC or how to create iCloud ID without iOS device?

I want to share my Photo stream to a friend who doesn't have a any iOS/OS X device. I add his gmail account to the photo stream, but he can't access it unless he creates an iCloud ID. However, he can't do that without an iOS or OS X device. Am I missing something? Or is there a way for him to create an iCloud ID?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted on May 14, 2013 7:13 AM

4 replies

May 16, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Peter Bodik1

Hi Peter,

I found some information for you concerning Shared Photo Streams with people who do not have iCloud:

iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Shared Photo Streams

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4379

Part of step 6 of "How do I create a shared photo stream?" states:

To share this photo stream on iCloud.com, move the Public Website slider to the ON position. If you will be sharing your stream with someone who does not have an iCloud account, you will need to make the stream public. People without an iCloud account can view the stream in a web browser.

Have a good one!

- Ari

Oct 5, 2013 9:12 PM in response to Peter Bodik1

So, can this be resolved? I don't have a Mac or an iOS device but I do have an iTunes account which I access from my Windows PC. My son wants to share his iCloud photo streams with me so I've installed the iCloud control panel and attempted to log in with my iTunes username and password. As discussed above, I've also found that I can't log in to iCloud because the account is not iCloud enabled and I can't enable the account for iCloud from my PC.

Can I get my son to log into my iTunes account from his Mac or iPhone and enable iCloud for me? Would I then be able to download his photos through the iCloud control panel? Would having him create a new iCloud account for me from his Mac or iPhone get this working for me?

I'd be willing to view his photos through a web browser but would he still be able to limit who can look at his photos this way? What does it mean when it says that the stream has to be made public?

Thanks for your help 🙂

sharing photo stream to PC or how to create iCloud ID without iOS device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.