Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 4 will not connect to wifi, I notice when click on the wifi the IP address is gone, I tried plugging it back in but it does not take, will not allow me to click in the space except when in static, help

My IP address is missing from my home wifi in my phone, how do I get it back in there, I can't seem to delete connection unless I am in the wifi any suggestion?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 15, 2013 10:03 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Szot park guy

Hello Szot park guy,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I would be concerned if my iPhone was not connecting to Wi-Fi as well. I found a troubleshooting assistant for this specific issue:

iPhone - Join a network Assistant

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/wifi

You can skip any steps that you have already gone through. If you are just wanting to start over with setting up your Wi-Fi network again on your iPhone, you can go to the Reset network settings section and follow these steps:

Reset network settings

• To reset your network settings, tap Settings > General, then scroll down and tap Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • When the device restarts, try to locate and join the Wi-Fi network again.

Note: This will clear your current cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings.

I hope this helps get you back on your Wi-Fi network!

Best,

Sheila M.

I phone 4 will not connect to wifi, I notice when click on the wifi the IP address is gone, I tried plugging it back in but it does not take, will not allow me to click in the space except when in static, help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.