Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sprint user - Iphone 4 - very slow service. I only have about 40 apps on my phone - but all are really slow, especially gmail. What can I do to speed things up?

sprint user - Iphone 4 - very slow service. I only have about 40 apps on my phone - but all are really slow, especially gmail. What can I do to speed things up? Seems to be getting worse of time. slow internet. Like my Sprint service - usually have good coverage - Can I do something with my phone that might help? Or do I need to go to he Sprint store....

iPhone 4

Posted on May 16, 2013 7:11 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2013 11:43 AM in response to mjecklund

Hello mjecklund,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It is very hard to use your iPhone if everything is moving slowly, so I would be concerned too. I found an article to help troubleshoot your cellular connection:

iPhone: Troubleshooting a cellular data connection

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3780

I would go through these steps first before making a trip out to the Sprint Store. Also, if you are experiencing general slowness on your iPhone (not just when you're connected to the Internet), you might want to try the first three sections of the following tutorial:

Using apps on your iPhone

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/application/

I hope this helps!

Best,

Sheila M.

May 18, 2013 3:59 PM in response to mjecklund

I have Sprint networking via VirginMobile on an iPhone 4S. It is slow, however, I mostly use my iPhone 4S at home or work via WiFi, and when out and about, the 3G Sprint Data is "Good Enough" for my needs. I accept this because having paid up front for my iPhone 4S, I now only pay $30/month for unlimited data (300 mins voice, but I almost never call anyone).

As hexonxonx says, Sprint 3G is slow. If you have Sprint LTE in your area, then an iPhone 5 should perform very will. If no Sprint LTE in your area, then an iPhone 5 would have the same Sprint 3G data.

NOTE: If your iPhone displays 3G it is moderately good speed (not great, but it could be worse). If it has the little degree º symbol (a very circle), then you are getting 1xRTT (CDMA), which is so slow you could walk to the web site faster. If you are mostly getting the 1xRTT degree º symbol, then you are not going to be happy with your Sprint service.

At least where I am, I mostly get 3G and like I said, when not in range of my WiFi, it is sufficient. The few times I've gotten 1xRTT, I have found it best to think of other ways to get the information I want.

sprint user - Iphone 4 - very slow service. I only have about 40 apps on my phone - but all are really slow, especially gmail. What can I do to speed things up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.