Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 with passcode, but my ex was able to read my texts....

This is quite strange, and I'm trying to figure out how he did this so I can protect myself.

I have a passcode on my iPhone 5. I do not use iMessage, and I do not use iCloud for texts - I have disabled this.

However, it has just come to my attention that my ex was able to get into my phone and take screen shots of various text messages, e-mails, etc.

How is this possible? He admitted to doing it, but won't tell me how. I saw the screenshots myself, and they are indeed from my phone.

How did he did this? Is it legal? What can I do?

Thank you!!!!!

Posted on May 17, 2013 1:09 AM

12 replies

May 18, 2013 4:28 AM in response to ckuan

No. I have done all the checks and research for that. I was even shown a screenshot of some of my texts - a screenshot from "my" phone. The time said 5:46 AM, and he told me he has someone he can call and get whatever he wants. I have doubted this in the past, but he continues to hack into messages and save them. I've seen proof of this, and he knows things that I've never told him. My phone is never out of my sight. He said he has "people" who can do that sort of thing remotely. He is saving "incriminating" texts in an effort to make me lose my job if our breakup gets messy.

Do I have a legal foot to stand on here?

May 18, 2013 10:08 PM in response to ckuan

It was definitely a screenshot of my phone. There's no other way he would have even had that phone number - the text wasn't with someone I had in my contacts.

The police can't do anything, since he won't admit it and seems to have covered his tracks pretty well.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last night he said he had someone he could call, he could read my serial number to them, and they would tell him my latest passcode. He said changing my phone number wouldn't help.

Then tonight, he said that my texts are being delivered elsewhere as well as to my phone.

Whichever it is, he is obtaining access to my phone and I don't know what else to do.

Please keep the good ideas coming!

iPhone 5 with passcode, but my ex was able to read my texts....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.