Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought an iphone4 from a friend and he was on orange i have put my o2 sim in the phone and it is saying restricted network with no service any ideas thanks

I bought an iphone4 from a friend and he was using it on orange i have put my o2 sim in the phone and it is saying restricted network with no service any ideas thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 19, 2013 1:10 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2013 1:34 AM in response to cull1983

That is because the phone is locked to the Orange network and an o2 sim card is not going to work with a phone that is locked to Orange.

You either need to purchase an Orange sim card and use that in the phone, or you need to get your friend to contract Orange and get the phone unlocked so that you can use an 02 sim card.

At the moment you will never be able to use the 02 sim card if the phone is locked to Orange. Either use Orange or get the phone unlocked. It is as simple as that.

i bought an iphone4 from a friend and he was on orange i have put my o2 sim in the phone and it is saying restricted network with no service any ideas thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.