Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can a cracked Ipad screen be replaced or do you just have to buy a new one?

I dropped my Ipad and the screen cracked.

Can you get the screen replaced or dio you have to buy a new one?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 19, 2013 3:44 PM

2 replies

May 19, 2013 3:46 PM in response to mmbowles

You can get it fixed by third-party repair facilities.

If your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad is Broken

Apple does not fix iDevices. Instead, they exchange yours for a refurbished or new replacement depending upon the age of your device and refurbished inventories. On rare occasions when there are no longer refurbished units for your older model, they may replace it with the next newer model.

You may take your device to an Apple retailer for help or you may call Customer Service and arrange to send your device to Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers.

iPod Service Support and Costs

iPhone Service Support and Costs

iPad Service Support and Costs

There are third-party firms that do repairs on iDevices, and there are places where you can order parts to DIY if you feel up to the task. Start with Google to search for these.

May 19, 2013 3:48 PM in response to mmbowles

If your purchased applecare +, apple will replace it

If you don't have that, then Apple will charge you for out-of-warranty repair, and you probably get a refurbished one in return

There are places that replace screens though, you may have to google that option for your area

Radio Shack in my area was advertising iphone screen repair

I have seen billboards for others

can a cracked Ipad screen be replaced or do you just have to buy a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.