Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio books on my iPad?

I'm not able to access my bought audio books on my Ipad.

What next?

Posted on May 20, 2013 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2013 1:13 PM

How are you trying to access them ? If you've synced them from your computer's iTunes or bought and downloaded them directly on the iPad then they should be in the Music app - when you have audiobooks on an iPad you will get an Audiobooks option under the More button at the bottom of the Music app.

If you have bought them directly on the iPad then note that audiobooks are currently a one-time only download from the store (so they won't appear in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app for re-downloading), so you may want to copy it to your computer's iTunes via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases so that you can take a backup copy of it - it should copy over to the Books part of your iTunes library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2013 1:13 PM in response to bloemen58

How are you trying to access them ? If you've synced them from your computer's iTunes or bought and downloaded them directly on the iPad then they should be in the Music app - when you have audiobooks on an iPad you will get an Audiobooks option under the More button at the bottom of the Music app.

If you have bought them directly on the iPad then note that audiobooks are currently a one-time only download from the store (so they won't appear in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app for re-downloading), so you may want to copy it to your computer's iTunes via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases so that you can take a backup copy of it - it should copy over to the Books part of your iTunes library.

audio books on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.