Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought office 2011 for mac from the app store, it worked fine for a while and now stopped working all together, it gives me this message: "Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly". what can I do to make it work again??

bought office 2011 for mac from the app store, it worked fine for a while and now stopped working all together, it gives me this message: "Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly". what can I do to make it work again??

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 20, 2013 6:52 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2013 5:49 AM in response to needsomehelp101010111111

Microsoft has its own support Web site here and it is probably you're best spot to find help. One thing I do know that can cause this problem is a corrupt font. Open Font Book, click on All Fonts in the left window pane of the program and then Select All from the Edit menu. Then Select Validate Fonts from the File menu.

This may take some time. A new window will pop up showing the name of every font you have installed. Near the bottom of that window you'll see the progress bar and a count of fonts that are safe to use, some with minor problems, and some with major problems. Scroll down to the ones with minor and major problems. Many of the minor problems will be duplicate fonts. Remove one of them or at least check them off in Font Book's main menu.

If this isn't the problem head to Microsoft's help forum.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.