Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mophie charging not supported with this accessory

Error on my Mophie Helium states: Charging I not supported with this accessory.

I have had it replaced 3 times. Same issue. Just got. New one yesterday. Same hen I woke up. Using the cable they sent. Using the outlet that came with my iPhone 5. No change. I tried with a blackberry wall outlet and its he same.

I have one last test. The ac adapter that came with my new iPad. If that works great. But. It should be supplied by Mophie. Either way I will have to call them.

So far my iPad charger is working great. What the heck?

Tips other than what I found out?

ThanX!

Kevin

:apple:

Posted on May 21, 2013 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2013 1:27 PM

I'm having a similar problem, the mophie will not charge when the iphone is placed in the case. I have to take the phone out of the case and charge it separately which defeats the purpose of the mophie! Have you found a fix for your problem? I have returned my mopie 3 times and I cannot get any of them to work.

8 replies

May 29, 2013 4:05 AM in response to Austin_Kevin

Thank you! I tried a new adapter & so far, it's working! I agree, Mophie should provide an adapter with the case. I have been using two different Apple adapters and experienced problems with both. I just purchased a wall unit that has two USB ports & the Mophie works when plugged into it. I just hope it continues working. I never had this problem with the iPhone 4 & the Mophie case.

Jul 31, 2013 8:29 AM in response to Austin_Kevin

Same here. I discovered I could not charge my ipad and the mophie at the same time on the wall unit with the double usb ports. It worked for awhile charging it alone; however, it would not work in my car (I have a Prius with a usb port). I think the higher amperage is part of the solution, too. I wish I had never upgraded to the iphone 5 as I had no problems with the mophie and the 4S. I am waiting on another replacement now because my house was hit by lightening while my mophie was on the charger! The iphone and the mophie were fried.

Jul 31, 2013 10:10 AM in response to Austin_Kevin

Oh man, that's a shame, I'm actually on IOS 7 as a Dev and I'm getting it a lot and now it'll say its not supported at all two different messages. Once the latter shows up it stops charging the iphone 5 completely. It worked fine for the first week and now this is getting unbearable. Alright, well looks like I'll just return it. No use in having it if it's only going to be a partial backup when it wants to "be compatible"

I never had this trouble with the iphone 4s mophie backup. I actually sold mine (along with the 4s) after the upgrade, darn!

Mophie charging not supported with this accessory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.