Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Displays in different order every time turned on

Okay, so this is somewhat of a unique question, but it's an issue that's causing problems for me. I have a Mac Pro with two HD 5770 video cards installed. I'm running 6 video outputs (3 HDTVs, 2 HD projectors, and an XGA projector). I use this computer for a spanned video output (see link below for an example). I leave the computer on and running 24x7, but we do shut off all of the output displays at night. When I turn the output devices on in the morning, they displays are always numbered differently (except for the main output/display #1). This causes issues because it screws up my video spanning outputs. Basically, I have to go through and re-setup my video outputs on my video app every single day, which is extremely annoying.

My question is whether anyone has a solution to how I can lock each output on my video card to the same output/display number each time I turn on my displays. In the alternative, is it possible to even run a script (AppleScript, shell, etc.) to reassign my outputs to the same numbers every time? Any input would be much appreciated.

P.S. I previously was running 5 XGA projectors (analog) and one HDTV on the same Mac Pro/video card setup and never had this issue. I'm assuming this is a problem with either my new projectors (BenQ), the fact that I now have to use an active Mini Displayport > HDMI adapter for one of my outputs (so that I can get the full three digital outputs on one of my cards), or the fact that I'm now using 5 HDMI outputs and one VGA (instead of 5 VGA and one HDMI as I used to use).

Here is my video link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201194197403407&set=vb.213338665532&type= 3&theater

Posted on May 22, 2013 8:46 PM

There are no replies.

Displays in different order every time turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.