Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting to install Xfinity TV Player app

I am unable to install Xfinity TV Player app as well as HBO GO app. The 'OPEN' button is 'grayed' out & not even an option.

I was able to install both on my iPhone 4. My friend has an iPad 2 with wifi & cellular, so I thought the device has to have cellular.

My brother just bought a new iPad 2 wifi & was able to install the app with no problems. I called my cable provider Xfinity & they said

there may be a setting on my iPad device that is preventing me from installing the app? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 23, 2013 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2013 10:33 AM

The only "setting" that would prevent installing these apps is Restrictions, and it would prevent installing ANY app, not just those. (Settings App > General > Restrictions).

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2013 10:33 AM in response to Jaytina14

The only "setting" that would prevent installing these apps is Restrictions, and it would prevent installing ANY app, not just those. (Settings App > General > Restrictions).

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

May 23, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Jaytina14

It sounds to me like the apps are downloaded but not opening from the way that you described it. If James's suggestions don't work, delete the apps and download them again. They are both free, I have them both and they both work fine on my iPad.

Hold down on the icon until it wiggles, then tap the X on the icon to delete it. Tap the home button to stop apps from wiggling. Download the apps again.

setting to install Xfinity TV Player app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.