Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad 4 no sound, won't play video

Hello, My IPad 4 is about 2 months old and sometime in this last week lost sound and won't play video. It's not on mute, the volume is up. I've been using it to watch television online since i got it, so I am aware of the settings and the volume buttons (plus the button toggle, I have it on sound). Why I'm asking this question as a new one is because it won't even play the videos I've taken with the IPad. We don't hook it up to anything and there's not much on there but games. There are three apps that I've installed since the last time I was able to watch something and those are a chess app, Small World, and a solitare game. What am I missing? Is there anything else I can try? (besides factory restore. I still need to research the different reset options...)

iPad

Posted on May 27, 2013 10:33 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2013 1:34 PM in response to KZCook

I found the solution on @Reks: Educational Applications for Children (of all places). You can do a reset without changing any of your settings by holding down the Home button and the off button at the same time. You will see a black screen with an apple. Restarted and sound and video were back. Problem solved.

IPad 4 no sound, won't play video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.