Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery wont charge after water damage

I dropped my iphone 4 down the toilet a week ago and immediately took it out and put it into a tub of rice for 3 days. I then charged it overnight and it worked fine....until it ran out of battery. After plugging in to charge, the apple logo continuously blinked and wouldnt switch on. I then managed to restore the iphone by plugging into my laptop. Now the only problem is, the battery is stuck on 3% and wont charge. Any ideas? Thanks

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on May 29, 2013 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2013 8:07 AM

This would lead me to believe one of two things. The dock connector could have some corrosion on it. You might want to take a soft toothbrush to try and fix, or the water damaged the charging circuit and after the initial charge, it has failed.

As you have probably realized, water and electronics don't go well together, and most do not recover despite all we try. I would recommend you take it to Apple and get an OOW replacement. The replacement cost for the iPhone 4 is $149USC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2013 8:07 AM in response to kp1793

This would lead me to believe one of two things. The dock connector could have some corrosion on it. You might want to take a soft toothbrush to try and fix, or the water damaged the charging circuit and after the initial charge, it has failed.

As you have probably realized, water and electronics don't go well together, and most do not recover despite all we try. I would recommend you take it to Apple and get an OOW replacement. The replacement cost for the iPhone 4 is $149USC.

Battery wont charge after water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.