Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad screen has frozen, I've reset it and it didnt work. I tried to restore it but because there is a password to get into my ipad it wont restore. HELP plz!

My ipad screen has frozen, I've reset it and it didnt work.

I tried to restore it but because it is password protected it wont restore because I cant enter the password!

please help!

Nuala

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 29, 2013 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2013 3:19 PM

If you tried this and did it properly ....

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

....and it did not work - you want to try to restore your iPad, you can use Recovery Mode. It will totally erase the device so if you don't have a backup, or if you don't sync with iTunes, you will be starting all over again.

Recovery Mode

I would try rebooting again first.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2013 3:19 PM in response to Nuala_Fox

If you tried this and did it properly ....

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

....and it did not work - you want to try to restore your iPad, you can use Recovery Mode. It will totally erase the device so if you don't have a backup, or if you don't sync with iTunes, you will be starting all over again.

Recovery Mode

I would try rebooting again first.

My ipad screen has frozen, I've reset it and it didnt work. I tried to restore it but because there is a password to get into my ipad it wont restore. HELP plz!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.