Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 issue getting onto New WiFi sites

HI anyone have a suggetion for this issue

all existing wifi site work perfectaly

I think it may be since upgrading to OS6, I can no longer log onto new WiFI hot spots if a password is required

after conecting, when the phone goes to the next screen to log in/register I get a white screen

I was away on buisseness last week and had to use 3G all the time which is expensive when roaming

iPhone 4

Posted on May 30, 2013 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2013 9:42 AM

First, try a reset on the phone. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, try again. If this does not help, try to reset network settings. This will clear all passwords for known wifi networks, but it will reset the wifi. Go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. After that, try and connect to the wifi. If this does not help, you can try to restore the iOS, first from a backup, and if no go, then as a new device. If this does not help, then make an appointment with Apple Genius Bar to have the hardware checked.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2013 9:42 AM in response to Gary Wilkinson2

First, try a reset on the phone. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, try again. If this does not help, try to reset network settings. This will clear all passwords for known wifi networks, but it will reset the wifi. Go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. After that, try and connect to the wifi. If this does not help, you can try to restore the iOS, first from a backup, and if no go, then as a new device. If this does not help, then make an appointment with Apple Genius Bar to have the hardware checked.

iPhone 4 issue getting onto New WiFi sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.