Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download/update my contacts between my MacBook address and my iPhone 5?

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this problem?

How can I download/update my contacts between my MacBook address and my iPhone 5? They don't sync with each other. Thanks

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 5:09 PM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2013 5:17 PM in response to Catwang

You have to have some type of online account that will auto sync the contacts between your apple devices. Most apple users use icloud but others, including me, use google. Once you setup a online account that is capable of syncing contacts and calendars with apple devices (or that the apple devices are capable of using for the syncing) it becomes basically automatic. Add a contact on one device and it shows up on the other. Add a calendar event and it show up across all devices that are connected to that same account.

Jun 2, 2013 5:48 PM in response to Catwang

Do you have a icloud or google account and is that account setup on all of your apple devices? Like I said in my first reply. To have those things auto update they have to all be connected to the same online account that supports the auto updating/syncing.

Catwang wrote:

Thanks. But the contacts on my MacBook can not sync with my iPhone 5, I updated many my contacts on my MacBook. But they did not show it on my iPhone

How can I download/update my contacts between my MacBook address and my iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.