Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 4S stuck on a 1% battery charge, despite being charged for 30 hours?

I have had my iPhone 4S for barely ten months. In the past, I have had small problems that would either fix themselves or just stop occurring, such as freezing issues. But recently my phone was drained to a 1% and after realizing this I quickly plugged it into a car charger. About 15 minutes later, I noticed it had switched to an 100% battery charge. I blew it off and the next time I glanced at my phone it was back to 1%, so I turned it off thinking it would reset it and I would leave it to charge. I came back to the phone maybe 30 minutes later to power it up and it displayed the red sliver of battery with a lightning bolt underneath it. It stayed like this for a good while and eventually came on. Since then it has been stuck on this 1% battery charge. One last thing I noticed was that the bolt inside of the battery on the top right hand corner sometimes shows a plug, saying its fully charged. I'd rather not turn it off because I'm not sure it will come back on. What do you guys suggest I do?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 10:35 PM

4 replies

Jun 24, 2013 8:26 AM in response to diesel vdub

I have this same issue... the phone was fine, then 3 days ago then I noticed it was draining itself whilst on charge. Now it charges to 1% and lasts all day on that unless I reboot, then it just says plug it in and wont reboot! I have had a 100% charge, but it drained down to 9% in under an hour and then stayed at 9% all day. This is obviously an issue, so why is Apple not sorting it out?

Also, these kind of comments (BELOW) are about as useful as, "is it plugged in?"

"diesel vdub Atlanta, GA

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore.

Try each of these in order until the issue is resolved."

I have tried 3 cables, 2 wall chargers and 2 docks, so it has nothing to do with those. I have cleaned the connections, so it's not dirt. It isn't water damage as the phone has been nowhere near water.

Jun 24, 2013 10:02 AM in response to yinyangpalms

Honestly, basic troubleshooting resolves the vast majority of issues.

Unless and until basic troubleshooting is performed, there is no logical way to prove the issue is iOS or hardware related and not simply a glitch or a rogue setting in the users configuration.

If you really want Apple to address it, contacting Apple would be a good start instead of posting to a user to user technical support forum that is not monitored by Apple.

Jan 26, 2014 4:58 AM in response to AbbyJ0hns0n

This happened to me a few weeks back, I took it to a phone shop and they told me that it was 1 of 2 problems,

Problem 1: there was dust in the charging port (it wasn't in my case but it may be in ures, to remove dust get compressed air and blow it into there)

Problem 2: the charging port had been bent due to forcing the charger in (this was my problem)

I give it to the phone shop guy and he charged me £12.50 and it took him 15 minutes to fix it.

Hope this helps :)

Why is my iPhone 4S stuck on a 1% battery charge, despite being charged for 30 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.