Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad 2 updated to iOS 6.1.3 and now wifi is greyed out. Apple support engineers say replace but my warranty exited 09/12. Funny how it worked perfectly fine before the update.

I just updated to6.1.3 and now my wifi button is greyed out. Apple support said it is a hardware issue. Funny how it worked just fine on the previous iOS. Now apple wants me to buy a replace not because my warranty expired 09/12. Seems to me like ios6.1.3 was an update to sell more products. Tried all suggested fixes with no success. With all the noted issues with ios6 there may be another class action lawsuit coming. Apple tech senior advisor unwilling to help. First advisor told me just buy a new I pad. Second advisor wants me to pay for a replacement. Can someone explain to me how an apple approved software upgrade that damaged my i pad is classified as my fault. I've seen some shady selling techniques but this one takes the cake in my book. Anyone have the contact information to higher up executives in apple for me to speak with about my issues?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 10:13 PM

6 replies

Jun 4, 2013 10:24 PM in response to Jehlm77

Have you check the following?

1. Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
  2. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings
  3. Ensure that your device is using the latest software.
  4. If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTune

Jun 4, 2013 10:37 PM in response to Diavonex

The engineers don't wont to check it. They told senior advisor Jesse to have me pay for a replacement I pad. Apple update kills my iPad and their response is buy another. Something wrong with this scenario. And from what I see on here I am not the only one with the issue. Now I am looking for higher company officials to take my case to.

I pad 2 updated to iOS 6.1.3 and now wifi is greyed out. Apple support engineers say replace but my warranty exited 09/12. Funny how it worked perfectly fine before the update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.